Planning for a ride on Train 18? Here is a list of things you should know.
Searching for a ride full of luxury and comfort? Train 18 is your one-stop destination which allows you to blend yourself in the mesmerising nature and an aura of happiness. The soon to be launched, Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 is a proud innovation of the ‘Make in India’ initiative, which is ready to be flagged off by India’s honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 15th February 2019. The train is expected to rail from New Delhi to Varanasi and take a halt at two stations, Kanpur and Prayagraj. If you are planning to take a ride on Train 18, below are a few things to apprehend before you hop onto it:
- Accelerating speed- The train has been equipped with a ‘push-pull technology’, where one engine is attached to the rear and the other attached at the front to pull the coaches, which will help the train achieve higher speeds.
- Being ‘CLASSy’-The train has been segregated into two classes: the Air-conditioned Chair Car and the Economy class. The fare of the Air-conditioned Chair Car class from Delhi to Varanasi is ₹1850 and the Executive Class fare will be ₹ 3,520. For the return trip, the costs of A.C chair car and Executive class will be ₹ 1795 and ₹ 3520 respectively.
- Meal on wheels-The add-on facility for the passengers of the train is the inclusion of ‘meals onboard’ option. For passenger satisfaction and delight, the meals have been sorted from the best-branded places such as the ‘Chaayos’ for tea and ‘Nescafe’ for coffee. The passengers from New Delhi to Varanasi in the A.C Chair Car would be charged ₹ 344 and those in the Executive Class would be charged ₹ 399 for a complete package including the morning tea, breakfast and lunch. The meal cost for the journey from Varanasi to New Delhi for Chair Car is ₹ 288 and for the Executive, Class is ₹ 349.
- The last gets to choose-The meals on superfast Train 18 are not optional, however, the passengers travelling the last phase from Prayagraj to Varanasi are all free to have an option to opt out of the meals in advance while booking their journey.
- A crisp journey-The train would take a journey of about 8 hours to travel from New Delhi to Varanasi and vice- versa when the hourly distance between the 2 cities is about 13 hrs.
- Guarded Ride-To provide the passengers with full on comfort and safety, the train has undergone a safety test and the Speed Certificates have also been issued.
Also read: Train18 is Proudly Indian by Indian Railways
Train 18 designed and developed indigenously by the Integral Coach Factory is all set to make its debut on the railway tracks and is highly awaited by the Indian passengers to explore a glorious journey.